This is another recipe I came across in my gorgeous book ‘Beginner’s guide to keeping chickens’, by Lee Faber. In which she states:
Caution this recipe uses raw eggs I am using my own free range organic chook eggs for this recipe. If not, pregnant women, the elderly, very young, or those with a compromised immune system should avoid eating purchased uncooked eggs.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) caster sugar
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 450 ml (15 fl oz) whole milk
- 300 ml (10 fl oz) single cream
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) vodka
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until well blended. Stir in the vanilla extract, milk cream and vodka.
- Whisk the egg whites till soft peaks form. Fold them thoroughly into the egg and milk mixture and refrigerate till cold.
- Serve in coffee mugs or glasses, dusted with freshly grated nutmeg and scattered sweets on the side if you fancy it!