This is such a cute idea and a great project to enjoy with your littlepoppits. I adapted it from an extract to a gorgeous book Kirstie Allsopp Craft by Kirstie Allsopp.
- 4 pieces of A4 sized paper
- double-sided sticky tape
- Christmas doilies
- Fold a piece of paper in half, then in half again to make a concertina. Draw the outline of half a dolly, and cut it out.
- Repeat with remaining paper to end up with eight dollys and stick together with tape.
- Take a doilie and fold in half and then again. Cut along the folds to make four triangular dresses, snip the top and stick to your dolly.
- Take another doilie and snip off the lacy border. Fold into four equal pieces and stick to the back of your dolly to create wings.
- Add a little head-piece with any remaining scraps of doilie.
- using your pens draw on hair and faces.
- Staple a length of ribbon to each end and hang up.
Yay job done!
I got my christmas doilies from a charity shop, but you could use any doilie you can get your mitts on and jazz em up in christmasy ways!