Me and my littlepoppits had a blast making this. It’s not perfect but hey who cares! Oh and the cookies went in 60(seconds)x
- 225g/8oz butter, softened
- 140g/5oz caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 250g/9oz plain flour
- 25g/1oz cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp finely chopped stem ginger
- template for manger size desired
- ready rolled icing, edible decorations, nativity figures, christmas cookie cutters
How too: (pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375ºF/Gas mark 5)
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes
- roll out your dough and cut to your desired template. Make christmas cookies with any leftover dough
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- apply icing to your cake plate and your gingerbread and assemble your manger. Wrap up with pretty paper and your good to go!