This is such a cute and versatile phone cover which fits most modern smartphones from one of my fave books, ‘granny square crochet’ by catherine hirst. I’ve added one extra row of edging purely to perfect any untidy stitches!
- Using any colour, ch4, join with ss in first ch to form ring.
- rnd 1: Ch3, 2tr in ring, *ch2, 3tr in ring; rep from * 2 times more, ch1, join with ss in top of ch-3. fasten off.
- work second square as staring square but use join as you go method: work the first set of the corner grouping, then instead of making ch2 for the corner sp, insert the hook into the corner space of the starting square from underneath as shown. (1dc into the corner sp of the starting square counts as the first of 2ch for the corner space), ch1, then work the second set for the corner as usual. To continue joining the squares together, instead of the ch1, work 1dc into the next side sp of the starting square.
- Rnd 2 : Attatch new colour in any ch-2 corner sp, ch3, (2tr, ch2, 3tr) in corner space, *ch1, (3tr, ch2, 3tr) in next corner space; rep from * 2 times more, ch1, join with ss in top of ch-3. fasten off.
- Attatch edging colour in any stitch, ch1, *1dc in each st and ch to corner, 2dc in each corner ch; rep from * 3 times more, 1dc in each st and ch to end, join with ss in first dc. fasten off.
- row 1: using any colour, ch15, miss 1 ch, 1dc in each ch, turn. (14 sts)
- row 2: Ch1, 1dc in each dc to end, turn. Rep row 2 another 21 times or untill piece measures same as front. fasten off.
- Hold front and back together with wrong side facing. Attatch edging colour to corner of one long edge, ch1, work dc join around 3 sides, working 2dc in each ch at both corners and leaving one short side open. fasten off.